Wireless Temperature Monitoring
Wireless temperature monitoring system from Monnit uses a thermistor sensor to accurately measure temperatures. These sensors are perfect for monitoring ambient temperatures around the sensors physical location. User customization allows you to set the frequency of readings and the ability to set thresholds for alerts via SMS text and/or email.
We also provide an industry leading 25 month NIST certified product, if required. If ordering NIST certified temperature sensors, orders may take 6 weeks to ship.
These Temperature Sensor is not meant for wet, damp, high humidity environments. This sensor should only be operated in dry, low humidity environments. Should you need a temperature sensor that operates at extreme temperatures and can withstand getting wet or condensed on, then you should consider an industrial sensors.
Enterprise Grade “Internet of Things” Solution
These temperature sensors offer 3 to 4 times the range of standard sensor platforms, extending non-line-of-sight reach to an exceptional 1,200+ feet through walls (12-14 walls typical). Using Frequency-hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) also allows ALTA sensors to have better interference immunity from other wireless devices.
Superior power management provides these sensors with almost twice the battery life of Monnit’s standard wireless sensors.
- Coin cell sensors typically last 3+ years.
- AA and Industrial sensors typically last up to 12+ years.
This solution employs Monnit’s Encrypt-RF® Security (256-bit Diffie Hellman key exchange and AES-128 CBC encryption for all sensor data messages), so security is maintained at all communication points from sensor to gateway, gateway to software, then back again.
Integrated on-board data storage allows these temperature sensors to store data messages if communication to a wireless gateway is disrupted (power outage, Internet outage, or out of range). Messages that can’t be delivered will be time-stamped and stored in memory (up to the last 512 messages) until communication with the gateway is restored, at which point the messages will all be transmitted.
Over-the-air updates allow these sensors and gateways to be updated remotely if new fixes or features become available.
The standard version of this temperature sensor is powered by two replaceable 1.5 V AA sized batteries (included with purchase). This sensor is also available with a line power option. The line powered version of this sensor has a barrel power connector allowing it to be powered by a standard 3.0 – 3.8 V power supply (Included with Line Power option upgrade). The line powered version also uses two standard 1.5 V AA batteries as backup for uninterrupted operation in the event of line power outage.
Power options must be selected at time of purchase, as the internal hardware of the sensor must be changed to support the selected power requirements.
The temperature sensor can be used as is or Kibog could design a solution specific to your needs leveraging our professional services capabilities.
- Accurate to +/- 1°C (1.8°F).
- Available with an external temperature probe.
* Actual range may vary depending on environment.
** Battery life is determined by sensor reporting frequency and other variables.
What does this wireless sensor data look like in software?
- Wireless Sensor
- Mounting Hardware
- 2 x AA Batteries
- You may need the below if you don’t already have them
- Gateway (Ethernet or Cellular)
- Software and mobile app
Suggested Application for this solution
- Warehouse temperature monitoring to avoid frozen fire suppression systems
- Monitor vacant commercial property temperatures to avoid frozen pipes
- Summer/winter (vacation) property monitoring for frozen pipes or excessive heat
- HVAC system monitoring to detect failures or heating / cooling issues
- Monitor temperature of K9 units (dog collar’s and kennel)
- Food Safety Solution
- Art gallery temperature monitoring
- Heat remediation of bed bugs (extermination)
- Freezer and cooler temperature monitoring to detect failure and prevent food spoilage
- Server room temperature monitoring
- Cadaver storage cooler temperature monitoring
- Greenhouse temperature monitoring
Additional Types of Wireless Temperature Sensors and Temperature Monitoring System
High-Temperature Sensor -50°C to +370°C
Low-Temperature Sensor -200°C to +162°C
Duct Temperature Sensor
Water Temperature Sensor
Coin Cell Temperature Sensor
Industrial-Quad Temperature Sensor
Temperature Monitoring System
Questions? Our team has the knowledge and experience to get it right.